Saturday, March 13, 2010

Vivid Dreams

Last night I made chili for dinner. I wanted to freeze the leftovers, so I left the pot sitting out to cool down before bagging and freezing.

As I was laying in bed, going to sleep, I remembered about the pot of chili still sitting on the stove. I was really, really tired, but I got up and put it away.

When I woke up this morning, imagine my surprise when I saw the pot, full of chili, sitting on the stove. It did not fit with my very clear memories of putting it all away!

7 comments:

Melinda said...

I've done that before--but mine usually involves getting up and taking a shower

thetallgrl said...

So glad I'm not the only one who does this!

ali said...

woah-- I've done that with getting my kids ready in the morning...

colleensewnsew said...

I used to do that about making Dad's lunch in the morning. I would have it all made, ready to go, only to realize that I hadn't even gotten out of bed!

Valeni said...

That is quite a story....I don't think I have had that happen when it comes to food. I like it so much that I usually get it put away so I can be sure and have it again tomorrow. But other things...I amaze myself with what I forget!

Kevin & Rebecca said...

Such a funny story! Dreams are so strange sometimes!

Lisa L. said...

I used to do that when I was working/in school. I would dream I got up, showered, got ready and was on my way to wherever only to wake up and realize I hadn't done any of it. I was so annoyed that I had to do it *all over*!