Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Old Switch-er-oo

I heard Aidan and Jack whispering upstairs a few days ago.

"Jack, let's switch pants, and then Mommy won't know who we are" [giggles]

A few minutes later a boy came down the stairs. At first I thought it was Aidan, but he had Jack's pants on, so I called him Jack. Then the other one came down, so I called him Aidan.

And two boys were dying with laughter at pulling a fast one on Mommy!

The funniest part (besides the fact that they look NOTHING alike) is that these two share everything- pants, shirts, undies, toys, EVERYTHING. The only thing in the whole world that has any kind of ownership is shoes. They will never, never, ever wear each others shoes. "Mommy, if I wear dat shoe, everyone will think I'm Aidan". As they were switching clothes, I hear them arguing about the shoes. Aidan said they should switch shoes because then I would really be tricked. Jack disagreed, because he just can't bring himself to ever, ever put on Aidan's shoes! They came down the stairs with no shoes! I am still laughing about them thinking that switching pants would really fool me!

3 comments:

colleensewnsew said...

I'll have to be on guard for the "can't tell which twin is which" game!

ali said...

that is so sweet :)

Jennifer said...

I feel kinda sorry for them. They're twins but will never get to do the trade places for a day or other such mischief.