Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Summer Time Fun

I've been making a list of ideas to keep the kids busy this summer. If you can think of anything else, leave me a comment! (each asterisk indicates that we've done it already!)


  • Dollar movie
  • IKEA (free child care for 1 hour, then eat lunch with Kydon)
  • Hiking
  • Swimming *
  • Stone Mountain
  • Free movie
  • Host a cousins party
  • Train museum *
  • Piedmont park
  • Telso museum
  • Sprayground
  • Slip and Slide down our backyard hill
  • Go out for ice cream
  • Play-Doh
  • Visit the beach at Lake Lanier
  • Walk to the park
  • Art projects *
  • Grade-level workbooks, sight words for Jack and Aidan
  • Grandma's house
  • Play with neighbors
  • TV *
  • Teach the kids how to do some of the harder cleaning jobs (showers and tubs, vacuum) *
  • Paper dolls and light saber fights

I'm adding to my list everytime an idea pops into my head! I know I will need some creative ideas in about 10 days!

Updated with more ideas:

  • fly kites
  • paint with water on deck
  • sidewalk chalk *
  • riding bikes/ scooters
  • puppet shows
  • library *
  • take doughnuts to a friend
  • PLAY
  • Kennesaw Mountain

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

When is school out? My kids have about 4 weeks left. Then all bets are off :) GREAT ideas! I may use IKEA too. I've only done that once, but it was awesome! And we'll be at the pool. A lot.

Shanna said...

4 weeks- WOW! This Friday is our last day!

Jenny said...

Have you heard of the free bowling for kids promotion? We signed up this year, but have friends who took advantage of it last year, too.

www.kidsbowlfree.com

ali said...

can I use this list too?

One thing I love that Anna does is a cooking day each week. I think I'm going to try that this summer...

Shanna said...

I had heard about the bowling last year, but forgot, so thanks for the reminder!

And Ali, cooking is a great idea.

Kydon said...

make paper airplanes.

Christine said...

flying kites is fun, how about a daytime "campout" in the back yard? Good luck!

Sandy said...

I was a stalker until now...I had to come out of the woodwork to share a summer fun idea with you. Buy paint brushes at the dollar store, give each child a plastic container of water and let them paint designs in the driveway, on the house, desk...almost anywhere. Water on a warm summer day...can't beat it! Have fun!