Friday, June 11, 2010

A Dinner Worth Blogging About

Thanks to my new oven and a few other things, we had a fantastic dinner the other night! We started with the perfect Lasagna, recipe here.

I then tried a new recipe for rolls, and they actually turned out amazing- by far the best rolls I ever made (nevermind that Aidan was climbing on the counter tops and *accidentally* sat on half of them as they were rising- at least a few survived!). I have never been able to make rolls, and I am so excited that these turned out so well!

And, finally, we picked the first yellow squash from our garden! Sauteed with a little vidalia onion, some salt and pepper, and it was amazing!

I think cooking for the family will be a joy this summer! It has been rather stressful these past few months with being limited, but now I am really having fun! I'm sure it won't last forever, but today I'm planning to make pigs in a blanket, granola, pumpkin bread, and pizza rolls. And dinner will be roast, baked sweet potatos, and a few more fresh rolls.

8 comments:

camille said...

Wow that sounds amazing. It's 10:30am and my mouth is watering for your dinner

Rebecca said...

Mmmm we could totally make it by dinner time if we left.. um... right now :) Sounds delicious! I'm so glad you are enjoying your new oven!

ali said...

I'm officially salivating!

Cecilee said...

Wow! I just checked that lasagna recipe. It BETTER be good. It looks like it was a ton of work. Glad your rolls turned out. What recipe did you use?

Shanna said...

Cecilee- it really was awesome. I made the sauce the night before, so it really didn't seem like that much work. For the rolls I used Kirsten's famous crescent roll recipe- it should be in your book! I think it is originally from Aunt Bonnie. If you don't have it, let me know.

Valeni said...

The dinner looks delicious Shanna...good for you for being such a great cook! LOL

eartohear said...

Yeah, you are COOKING! AWESOME! I love to cook. Its so fun and everyone loves you for doing it. Glad you are making those rolls. They are always a winner!

Villamor family said...

love how that recipe had pictures for each step...made it seem not as daunting!

my favorite part was the fresh squash sauteed with onion....yum....yum.

i bet those rolls were so fantastic because they were squished by a cute bum!