Monday, June 14, 2010

The Honeymoon is Over

Summer Vacation started out so nice. Relaxing, fun, happy kids. That all came to a screeching halt sometime on Thursday. Friday was the day of my nightmares- kids screaming, crying, throwing fits, making huge messes of everything they touched (crowning example was after a morning of them being really naughty I decided to get them out of the house and go swimming. When I went upstairs to change my clothing, Abigail grabs a can of root beer, shakes it up, and pops it open- spraying it all over EVERYTHING).

The rest of the weekend really wasn't much better. Tantrums, disobedience, messes all over the place. I think the summer vacation honeymoon is over. They are trying to figure out this new schedule. A new dynamic between the three of them, and a new way to interact.

I hope they figure it out soon!

I decided THIS week would be better. I will tighten up on discipline. I will be strict with TV (they were getting their tv tickets on Monday morning, but now they will get one ticket at the end of each day if the behavior has earned it). I will keep them busy with school work and reading and activities. We will go somewhere fun each day to keep the boredom at bay. I will limit my computer time (scary, I know, but drastic measures are needed).

It has been 2 hours, and so far it has been better. I hope it continues. And reading this post, from Sarah (one of my favorite bloggers), gives me hope that it WILL get better!

3 comments:

Mrs.Mayhem said...

Ooh, tv tickets! GREAT idea!

Jennifer Horton said...

That's how my first week of homeschooling went, but then it got better. It's hard to get used to everyone being together when you're used to doing different things. And definitely more discipline. But then they also learn to get along better and become great friends. Good luck!

ali said...

oh no!! I was under the delusion that my summer honeymoon would last all summer--- now I'm worried...