Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I'm Tired

I'm tired of screaming, crying, noncooperative kids.

I'm tired of prepping, cooking, and cleaning up 3 meals a day, every single day.

I'm tired of going places every day (I really would be a hermit if I could).

I'm tired of messes.

I'm tired of cleaning up said messes at least 6 times a day, and when Kydon gets home, he is greeted by a mess.

I'm tired of trying to cajole a certain child into doing their work (and it makes me even more tired when their only work is to get dressed, and I will even help them, and they still won't do it). I'm not naming any names *cough*aidan*cough*.

I'm tired of forgetting things that I should remember.

I'm tired of kids who argue about everything.

I'm tired of figuring out what we are going to eat for dinner. (I enjoy the cooking and baking, but my ideas are all gone).

I'm tired of getting mad over little things that don't really matter.

Sometimes it just feels good to complain.

9 comments:

Valeni said...

I'm sorry you've had a rough day Shanna.....I couldn't help but think of the conference talk "Continue in Patience" by Elder Uchtdorf. This talk hit me hard when I first heard it since I have a hard time with life's trials too.
Thanks for posting those great recipes from Sunday. They tasted soooo good and we loved visiting with you guys and Laura. Thanks for being YOU. You are wonderful and we all love you!

Heather said...

You should go on strike!

Kayleen said...

I hear you and I empathize with you. :) I just remember that I would rather be dealing with this (uncooperative toddlers) than unruley teenagers. That puts it all in perspective for me.

Melinda said...

Me too!

thetallgrl said...

It's summer! I'm totally in a complaining mood too! Having the kids home all day seriously gets to you after a while. At least it's not 112 degrees outside and you guys can go to the park and stuff. We are stuck indoors unless we go in the pool and that is a total headache even with one kid.

I feel you, sista.

Jen said...

I can totally say ditto to ALL of those...hope you feel better now that you've gotten it off your chest. :)

ali said...

have you seen this cookbook called everyday food? Maybe that will give you ideas.

I hear ya cuz-- I think I yell "Stop making messes!!" eighty times a day.

Cecilee said...

I hear ya, and everybody needs a good venting session every now and then.

Rebecca said...

Oh! I missed this post while I was on vacation... these days are hard, my friend! Thanks for showing the struggle in with the amazing stuff you do. It makes me feel better about when I get fed up with it all too. I'm sure by now you are back in your stride & doing great!