Friday, June 25, 2010

Matching Skirts

The other day I saw a woman at the pool wearing this really cute, casual tiered skirt. I fell in love, but didn't know where to buy it... so I decided to try and make it myself.


Since I was going to the effort, I went ahead and made Abigail a matching one.




I think they turned out pretty great! I sort-of regret choosing such a *bright* fabric palate, I think if I did it again I would go with something just slightly more calm, but overall I really like them both. We wore them yesterday, and it was the perfect thing for summer- casual, comfortable, and cool!


The other day Cecilee asked me how I had time for such things. It definately helps that my youngest is 5. There is a huge difference in how much supervision a 2 or 3 year old requires compared to a 5 year old, but my real secret is this: ignore the children allow for independant play!

9 comments:

Melinda said...

love them :) I keep forgetting that the boys are 5 and thinking I never get nearly as much done as you--but you are right, if I just had Caroline and Carter I could do a ton more!

Cecilee said...

They turned out very cute. They remind me of jennijackson clothing. Just google it if you want to see them.

ali said...

Independent play is the best...

colleensewnsew said...

Cute, Cute, Cute!

erika said...

SO cute Shanna!

Jennifer Horton said...

They are so cute skirts! It does make a difference as they get older.

Villamor family said...

love it! there is some clothing line that my hair salon sells...they made these skirts but put the seams on the outside so they would fray during washing. They were the "hippie" style. you are so talented Shanna!

thetallgrl said...

I've been toying around with the idea of making myself and Caralie some skirts like this. You've just pushed me over the edge into "Will DEFINITELY make some." So cute! And we need all cute and COOL clothes we can get out here in the desert.

And, yes, ignoring the kiddos works wonders. And so does Lego Star Wars on the Xbox.

Yes, I'm THAT mom. :o)

Rebecca said...

LOVE these!! This is when I wish I had a girl. :)