Friday, July 23, 2010

So much fun I can't stand it

Ah, thanks for the post ideas. It is like a breath of fresh air!

Valeni was first, so here goes. Yesterday and today have been chock-full-o-fun. Yesterday Kydon's mom was here, so we not only had the awesomeness that is Granny, but we did a bunch of fun things as well.

We started off at the puppet show. Our city brings puppet shows to the cultural arts center every year, and we have been greatly enjoying them this year. I'm sure that part of it is that the kids are at the magical age where they can sit through a show and enjoy it. This was the last week of shows, so we had to make sure and see it... it didn't disappoint!

From there we had a picnic at the park, and then I had a church meeting. The kids didn't mind, because there were 20! kids there. I brought doughnuts, just to add a little sugar to the mix of crazy!

We left the meeting and met my sister and the cousins at a local sprayground. I thought it would be the perfect thing on a Hu-OT summer day, but the kids were none too happy. Maybe just having done so much all day? I'm not sure, but they were whiny and begging to leave from the minute we got there. Aidan got so mad that he threw his towel into the water, then filled his mouth up and tried to spit at me. I love these little glimpses into our life. Of course I saw him coming and deflected the spray right back at him. Lucky for him, Granny was there. She took him under her wing and helped him enjoy the last few minutes. We toughed it out for an hour, then gave up and went home.

We had a fabulous dinner of homemade pizza (my first in the oven... and I was able to cook both pizzas at the same time!). With sauce made from fresh garden tomatos, more fresh tomatoes on top, and our one and only green pepper got picked as well to be roasted into yummy goodness.

Today, we were up and at it again- we left the house at 8:30 am to visit a sort-of (1 hour away) local indoor playground. We had never been before, and it was well worth the drive! Very fun, completely geared to kids, and tons of different things to do. We left in the afternoon, and I decided we needed just one more thing, so I took a little detour on the way home to Dahlonega, which is like an old-fashioned miners town. The kids loved the general store there as much as I do, and we ate ice cream and cookies and I bought them each a toy. (I was a VERY cool mom for once- I normally would never even dream of that kind of detour! And treats and toys!) I don't know what got into me!

Of course, they all fell asleep on the way home, so I knew bedtime wouldn't work anyway. And, since there was no dinner, we went to a pizza place, ate some yummy food, then stopped at the dollar movie to watch Marmaduke. (the perfect movie for 5 year old boys who love dogs and fart jokes).

We didn't get home until 9:30!! PM!!! I promise, I am going to search for the cause of this crazy, abberant behavior I am exhibiting. Also, what is the explanation for a blogger who does all this fun stuff and leaves the camera at home? It must be the Diet Coke. I quit drinking them in April, but I had one yesterday and one today. I blame it all on that.

No comments: