Saturday, July 31, 2010

Someone stole my laundry

I got sick last week. Bleh. You know you are a mom when you get sick, and the first thing you think of is laundry.

I remember laying on the couch on the first day of illness thinking "oh no- I haven't done laundry for 2 days! This is going to be horrible!"

I ended up being out of commission for 3 days. One of the days I did stumble around enough to wash and dry 2 loads. My first day of feeling back to normal, my first priority was laundry.

But, to my amazement, there wasn't any there. I did 2 loads, and for the second load I had to go around looking for stuff to wash. Seriously? I usually wash 1 or 2 loads a day. Lately we are washing a lot of sheets and blankets on a regular basis, which just increases the laundry load. Usually if I skip laundry 2 days in a row, I just pull the top layer off the floor and throw it in the machine. This was 5 days, and there was almost nothing!

I am still confused by it.

I think someone stole our laundry while I was delirious.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

maybe the kids hid it--have you checked under the beds and it the closets?

Katie said...

Oh, no! For a while we had the same problem. I noticed a significant difference in the amount of laundry we DIDN'T have. Then I figured out that Ethan was packing the dirty ones in his backpack, and giving them to his friend at school "Because his mom can't buy him anything without holes" It was sweet, but mostly not because we had to buy like five new pairs of jeans... We also had a case of missing underpants for a while, and then learned that Ethan was just layering one pair on top of the other every day - yuck. I would question the kids quickly if I were you.:) Oh, and I'm sorry you were sick, glad to hear you are getting better now though.