Saturday, July 10, 2010

Unfinished

A few unfinished projects...

A table for the deck... bought at the thrift store, now in pieces in the basement.

A kitchen... waiting for some cabinets, paint, and wall work.

Two skirts... all cut out, waiting to be sewn together.

A quilt... the top is finished, just waiting for a back and to be sewn together.

What is a girl to do?

Start painting the bathroom, of course!

Today I decided that 3 years was too long to live with ugly wallpaper, so after a trip to the home store, I came home with mud, primer, and paint... and started yet another project! But, don't you agree that this wallpaper needs to go?
After 3 years, I just couldn't take blossoms bigger than my head even one week longer. I have to have my priorities.

4 comments:

Jennifer Horton said...

Oh my goodness! I have so many unfinished projects too! Like, 5 quilts to finish for starters! But we started working on some today. Replaced the shower head. Fixed a light socket. Ok, Ed did these. I just cleaned the house, dreaming of other projects I wanted to start. Way to go on that bathroom though! At least the paper will come down ;)

Melinda said...

I think the skirts should be your top priority ;) Really, I agree--3 years is way too long for that wallpaper to survive.

thetallgrl said...

Forget the other projects - that wallpaper has to go! I wish I could show you the wallpaper that used to my in my parents' dining room. No words can truly describe it but imagine a hideous floral with lots of dusty rose and forest green. We didn't put it up - we bought the house that way. The previous owners had even gone so far as to paint the adjoining living room dusty rose as well. I can't believe it, but it took my family...what?...ten YEARS before we finally ripped it out and painted?

You'll feel much better when it's done.

Oh, and I want to see your quilt top!!

Caroline said...

I disagre!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!