Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Grounded from TV

I love the TV. I know it isn't that good for them, but I don't really care. I always try to limit what we watch to around an hour a day, but there are days when we watch a lot more. I can't help it- the kids love it, I get things done, and there are limited messes.
So, naturally, I don't take away the TV priveledge very often. Because, grounding them from the TV means grounding me from the TV, and I don't like to do that.

However, on Sunday, when I picked each of the kids up from their church classes, each of their teachers pulled me aside to speak to me about their behavior. This was after spending all morning talking and practicing and bribing them to behave at church. So, we had to go for the drastic... grounded from TV for 2 days (along with a few other things).

And, you know, it hasn't been that bad. Actually, it has been kind of nice to have quiet, and while there are more messes, there is also a lot of creativity and more playing together than I would have expected. Maybe I'll do it again next year!

1 comment:

Villamor family said...

"Maybe I;ll do it again next year!" love that statement!!