Monday, August 23, 2010

School Day Monday

In spite of the days when we thought this day would never come, and moments when we wished it wouldn't, the first day of school finally arrived.
They were all up and dressed and ready to head out for the bus by 5:45 am. I had to break the news that the bus doesn't come until 7:15, so could they please be quiet and let Mommy sleep a little? (the answer was no, in case you are wondering)

I was trying not to hope or plan which teachers we got, because there are 5 Kindergarten teachers. Abigail's teacher from last year got moved to another school, so we knew we wouldn't be getting her. But on back to school night, I was so happy to find that the boys got the two teachers I was secretly hoping for! I know they will each have a great year!

Although, the separation might be hard... we've already had tears over having different things in the goody bag from the teacher. I tried to explain that they will be getting different things this year, but facing the reality is difficult when everything has pretty much been the same for the past 5 years! I know they will miss each other!

Abigail is super excited, but I think last night she started getting nervous... so many unknown elements! I was sad that none of her friends from last year are in her class, but her teacher seems fantastic and I know she will just make new friends!

Aidan will be great at school, but a few nights ago he started quizzing me about the principles office- "do all the kids go there sometime?" "what does the principal do when you go there?" I think he is worried (and rightfully so, I might add) that his behavior won't be quite up to par!

Climbing onto the bus- the best part of the whole day! I came home to an empty, quiet, lonely house. (it was nice). I, of course, have huge plans for the days/weeks/months ahead. Very first on the list (after blogging) is to C-L-E-A-N. I did pretty good the first of the summer keeping up with everything and even getting the kids to help. But as the days wore on and school got closer, we all just sort-of gave up, and the house is showing that neglect!

I can't wait to hear how it all goes today!

1 comment:

Trent Family said...

You mention in your next post about their hair, but from these pictures I was just noticing how much Jack and Abigail look alike in the face. Cute kids. It's amazing how much they have grown!