Monday, October 11, 2010

Crazy Start Monday

Abigail is my alarm. My alarm goes off EVERY morning at 5:00 am or 5:30 am. If my Alarm stays up until midnight or so, it does not go off until 6:00 am.

Today I had parent teacher conferences at 7:00 am. No problem. Usually by 7 am we have gotten up, dressed, eaten breakfast, watched a show, played on scooters and begged for a snack. Today, I woke up, and it was 7:05.

Oops.

Luckily I was mistaken about the time and the conference was at 7:30, so I got all the kids dressed and out the door ASAP. Breakfast of cheezits, graham crackers and water never killed anyone, right? I guess we will see! :)

All of my cute kids had glowing reports at their conferences (at least, all I heard was glowing reports. I might or might not be biased). The good news for me is that they were all weak in the areas I knew they were weak in, and strong in the areas I knew were strengths. It is nice to know that I am seeing the same things the teachers are seeing.

Today is a day off from school, so of course we did homeschool. Writing, counting, fractions- Abigail couldn't believe she was cutting an apple for MATH, sight words and reading. Now they are at the neighbors house doing who knows what.

We will most definately go to the frozen yogurt place today, and possibly see a $1 movie. I need to get them outside, because the weather is GORGEOUS.

Great thing about today: I am shipping my first purchase from my Etsy shop! So excited about that!

Bummer about today: painters were scheduled but are not coming. Maybe later this week. Please, please, come sometime this week!

2 comments:

Cecilee said...

Sounds like it was a good day even after the rough start... good for you to do homeschool on the day off.

Good luck with the kitchen. I hope it goes smoothly and quickly!

tiffanyfarhner said...

i LOVE your etsy store! You have def inspired me!!! Good luck with your kitchen...hopefully the painters come soon!