Saturday, October 23, 2010

Who Has Time To Blog?

These past few days I have felt like I had a long list of things to get done, and I work hard every day, and I do make progress, but not enough to really get anything D.O.N.E.

School has been busy.... I am now reading in each class once a week, which means that 3x per week I'm at the school. I love it, but it does take time! The homework seems to have increased. I'm not sure how- maybe the kids are just not as willing to get it done? But it seems like we are spending a lot more time and effort to get it done.

I have projects I want to finish- a baby blanket for my friend who adopted a baby a couple weeks ago, some cute little aprons for birthday gifts for Abigail's friends, and some Christmas presents that have been waiting and waiting. I have made progress on each of these, but they just can't seem to get all the way done.

Kids have been sick- Aidan last week and Abigail this weekend. That puts a damper on things! Oh yeah, and a little thing called Halloween which means costumes and candy and a few extra items on my 'to do' list! (Somebody please tell Aidan he can't say he wants one costume that we already have for months and then 2 days before the party tell me that he wants to be a Husky. Maybe next year, kid)

Besides spinning my wheels trying to get things finished, I am feeling very, very antsy about my crazy messy house! I get things organized, and then we live for a while, and the organization starts to break down and you have to reset. Well, we have passed the reset stage, but I keep putting everything off until the kitchen gets done- there is no point organizing a room when it is half filled with extra items that don't belong, right?

I can't wait to get the kitchen finished and put back together! It looks like it might all come together THIS week! We had painters today and they will be back Monday and Tuesday, the countertops will be installed Wed, and tile backsplash on Thursday, then new dishwasher comes on Friday! One more week of chaos then I can put it all back together!

4 comments:

erika said...

I can't wait to see your new kitchen! And I know exactly what you mean about organization breaking down! I feel like that is my eternal struggle.

Valeni said...

Sounds like it will be a busy but great week. Hope everything comes together in the kitchen. Looking forward to seeing you on Sunday. Love you all

Villamor family said...

husky? so funny...and why can't you pull that off Mom? sheesh! hardy har har!

Ed and Jennifer said...

I don't have much time to blog either. And I'm pushing my reset button a lot lately! So excited for you and your kitchen!