Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Halloweenie

Halloween was most excellent. We had a trunk-or-treat with our church group, a Freaky Friday at the school, and another Trunk or Treat at Grandma's church.

The costumes had to change each time we went out. Jack started out as Optimus Prime, then a frog, and finally a policeman with a lot of muscles!

Abigail started out as a cheetah in the cutest little cheetah dress with adorable kitty ears and nose, but it must have been too cute for her- she changed to a vampire girl. Although, still totally cute.
By the time the third party rolled around, I was getting into the spirit myself, so I drug out my old wedding dress, cut up a t-shirt and went as a dead zombie bride. It was pretty fun to get all dressed up! The kids thought it was the best thing ever to have Mommy dress up! And I am loving Abigail's scary vampire pose!
Aidan was GI Joe, and he would have stayed GI Joe, but we lost the costume, much to his dismay. Unfortunately, all the searching and screaming and fit throwing didn't find it, so he took a turn as a policeman and then Optimus Prime. Half the costume got discarded after 30 seconds, but he still looked pretty festive.

The real scary part of this is how quickly my hair turned into a complete ratted mess. I'm not kidding that it took me less than 3 minutes and NO styling products to get it this way! I swear I am just a hairbrush away from the dead-bride look on a daily basis.

The best part, as always, is sharing all these fun times with our Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles and Cousins. They make it a blast! I love that my kids will grow up with so much family around!

3 comments:

Jen said...

I'm seriously impressed that you still fit into your wedding dress. I doubt I could squeeze into mine without some major dieting beforehand and by dieting I mean I'd have to starve myself for a month! Looks like tons of fun!

Cecilee said...

Looks like we had the same idea for a costume this year... I just couldn't find a wedding dress so I went as a regular zombie instead of the bride. Its always fun to dress up as something really scary I think. Good job!

The trampoline looks like a lot of fun too! Good for you. btw, how's the kitchen coming? All done? Can't wait to see it.

Villamor family said...

so i am guessing your wedding dress wasn't something you wanted to keep for years to come?:) great costume though!