Monday, November 8, 2010

Monday morning- Let the crazy begin

The Snake Tigers ready to rumble. You are scared, aren't you?


Is it just me, or does it feel like the Christmas season is already here? And not the lovey-drink hot chocolate and watch a movie- version, but the stressed out, calendar full, no time to think, too much to get done version.

There are so many things I want/need to get done, and when I look at my calendar, there is just NO time to do it. The main problem is that I tried to avoid working when family was in town for the holidays, so it worked out that I'm working 4 days in the next two weeks. I know that isn't much, but I know that I can't plan on getting anything done for about 2 days after, so by the time I work 2 days, recover, work 2 more and recover, that is the whole two weeks. Which means that I have 3 days to pack in everything from now to Thanksgiving.



The good news is that when Jack and Aidan were born, and I was trying to juggle preemie twins and a one-year old, I was forced to learn how to just let things go. I had to take it to the extreme then, but it is a lesson that has served me well through the years.



The world doesn't end if my projects don't get done.


Cleaning can wait, if you can't get to it, it will still be there tomorrow.



Grocery shopping is nice, but no one will starve if you don't do it today.



If there are not enough hours/days to get everything done, it just won't get done, and in 2 weeks no one will even care. Not even you.



It is a valuable lesson, and sometimes I just need to remind myself of it.



I feel better already.

2 comments:

Villamor family said...

amen!

Cecilee said...

I really appreciated this post. So true! Sometimes it seems like things need to be done NOW or the world will end. Thanks for your words!