Thursday, January 6, 2011

Dear Abigail,

Dear Abigail,
You know how much I hate mornings. You know I stay in my bed until you finally brow-beat me into getting up. You know I have much more energy and mental stamina at night.

Today you woke me up at 5:30. AM. You really, really, REALLY wanted to make Aidan a blanket. In my sewing room. I got out of bed. I followed you there. I let you dig through my carefully folded and piled fabric to choose whatever you wanted. I helped you cut it, and sew it. I let you use my sewing scissors. I let you choose the design and I followed your instructions. We were done before the crack of dawn, and Aidan was estatic to get his new blanket.

The pride and joy on your face was worth it. It made me happy to see you so happy doing something for someone else.

This is how you know I love you. Because if I didn't love you, I would have stayed in bed!

1 comment:

erika said...

That is the sweetest thing I have heard! Let's see a picture of that blanket! :)