Saturday, January 8, 2011

Dear Abigail,

Dear Abigail,
The other day I was willing to help you when you wanted to make a blanket at 5:30 in the morning. Even though I was tired and bleary-eyed, I told you that I would help you because I loved you. It was enjoyable for both of us, and I didn't regret it one bit.

But I wanted you to know that even though I said no today, it wasn't because I didn't love you. When you came to me at 5:30 this morning, I just wasn't feeling up to moving all the furniture from your room into the sewing room and all the sewing room stuff into your room.

I'm just not a morning person. But I still love you. And I'm glad you have lots of energy first thing in the morning. That will serve you well throughout your life, and you have even taught me to get up early (sometimes) too.

Love,
Mommy

No comments: