Sunday, January 2, 2011

Grandma's Party

At the beginning of the season, I asked each of the kids what their favorite Christmas tradition was. Abigail said "Grandma's Christmas Party"! Aidan said "Grandma's Christmas Party"! Jack said "Puerto Rico"- we went there once... in February. So, 100% of the appropriate answers were for this party!

We started out with some Family Programs. We had a rendition of "I took a bath in the washing machine", some piano pieces, and a sing-along of "12 days of a Texan Christmas". I enjoyed it quite a bit!
The kids had a white elephant exchange. Despite several warnings that is wasn't really a good present, I think most if not all were disappointed in their prizes! A good experience!

The only difficult part of the whole party was choosing between the clam chowder and the beef stew! They were both delicious!

With Krispy Kremes for dessert!
And then, to top it all off, Santa made his appearance!

(I was totally in love with this adorable Santa sack!)

Each of the kids were so excited to sit on Santa's lap and get their prize and tell him what they wanted.
I just love all the different facial expressions as they talk to the big guy!
We had a fantastic time, as always. I am so grateful for all the work my mom does to give us and our kids such great times and fun memories!
Me with my adorable niece who always saves me a seat so I have a place to sit at family dinners after helping all the kids get their plates!

1 comment:

Caroline said...

me me
I just loved the chowder and my hair styl