Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Goal Update

Yes, I know it is March, and I am still talking about my new year resolutions.  Weird, right?  I'm actually still thinking about them all and trying to accomplish them!  What can I say- I love a good list!

Here is my March update:
  • Clean and organize my home
Major progress was made this month!  I cleaned out the entire basement, AND the craft room!  I took about 15 bags to goodwill and threw out another 2 bags.  Abigail's room could use a little work, but more just organizing what is there, not really getting rid of stuff.  Other than that, the house is in pretty good shape right now.
  • Increase exercise
Done.  I am consistently working out 3-4 times a week.  Now I just need to keep up with it.
  • Drink more water/ Stop drinking Diet Coke
Done and done.  They kind of go hand-in-hand.  I actually stopped drinking soda all together- maybe just once a week or so. 
  • Be proactive with education
Still thinking about it.  I want to homeschool, but there are a few issues that are holding me back.  Also, every time I go to their school or talk to the teachers, I just can't bear to take them away from it- it is really good for them right now!  But I am active and involved, so I think I could say done for now, but who knows what the future will be.  :)
  • New shoes
Major progress on this one.  I have found two pairs of cute new shoes!  Of course, they were both heels, so I still need another pair or two, but at least I have made progress!  (I find it is helpful to set goals that are fun to accomplish!)
  • Visit a dermatologist
Done.  Bleh.  They removed 2 of my 50,000 moles.  And they want me to come back every 6 months.  The moles all came back non-cancerous, and I can guarantee I will not be back for many more years!  Aren't you glad you read this blog and find out all this wonderful information?
  • Bake bread
Oops- forgot about this one!  That is why I need to check in every month!  I'll have to try and get to that in March.
  • Finish some home improvement projects
In progress.  I finished the painting in the laundry room, and also touched up the million holes in the boys' room.  I have started sanding the stair banister for that re-do, and I have planned out how I want my master bath renovation to look.  If only it didn't take so much time and money!  :)
  • Find the long lost church bag
No luck.  I thought I might come up with it when I scoured the basement, but I didn't.  The thing that bugs me the most is that I know for certain I put it somewhere- I just can't remember where for the life of me!  It doesn't really have anything important in it, I'm just bugged that I can't find it.
  • No more ice cream every night
Well... we did switch to sherbet.  That is better, right?  And it isn't every night, but I would say we eat it about 3 nights/week.  Hey, you have to have a treat once in a while!
  • Lose 20 lbs or so
I'm getting there.  Slow but steady is my plan.  Or at least slow.  I'm down 12 lbs... about halfway to my goal.
  • Renovate bathrooms
Thinking and planning, but the doing will have to wait for some money to show up.
  • No more messy basement
Done!!  I would also like to point out that I cleaned the basement out during a cold snap- it was freezing down there!  It made the satisfaction of having it done all the sweeter.  And I have kept it locked up tight, so it has stayed clean for a month now!  :)

Okay, that is the end.  I just need to keep plugging along!

1 comment:

colleensewnsew said...

Wow, I am so impressed. You are doing great on so many things!