Monday, May 9, 2011

Crafty Craft Night


For a while I've been thinking it would be fun to have a craft night with friends- I love to sew, but it is sometimes a bit lonely, especially now that the kids are in school and I don't do playdates like I used to!  So I gathered some friends (okay, 2 of them were my sisters, and therefore required to be my friend), and we made aprons!
 One of them brought this darling baby- and I was able to get a crying picture!  I love crying pictures of babies!  :) 
 We each brought our own fabric, and then cut and sewed them all together!  It was fun and we had some great conversations!  And since my friend Katie lives way too far away to come, I used her recipe for caramel brownies which we ate with pleasure!
 Melinda in her finished project- she gave this one to her Mother in Law for Mothers' Day, and she made another one for her own mom (who is my mom too, ha!)
 Here we are with our machines all set up.  It was "sew" fun!  Although I did learn that I am not so good with the sewing and talking at the same time- I had to do a ton of unpicking and kept doing things in the wrong order!
 But eventually I finished and worked through all the frustrations!
The last two to finish- Sarah and Christa.  They left sometime after Midnight!  I wish that everyone could have finished that night.  It was a blast, and I can't wait to do it again next month!

1 comment:

Katie said...

When I saw your reminders on facebook I was wishing I could be there. Nice to know I was there in spirit (or at least in brownies:)