Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Best Church Art Ever

Every week when church is over, I get handed about 12 random pieces of paper.  Everything from invitations to coloring pages to announcements.  I usually at least glance at them before putting them in my special place.  This past week, however, I had to take a second glance, and it actually made me laugh out loud.

Abigail had obviously discussed in her class about saying prayers- on one side of the paper the teacher wrote "I thank Thee" and Abigail wrote in "the earth" and drew a picture of rainbows and trees and flowers.  The other side of the paper the teacher had written "I ask Thee" and Abigail finished the thought with "for people to get well".  Sounds lovely, and it was... until I saw the accompanying picture:

 A little disturbing- what appears to be a person holding a sledgehammer smashing it into a second persons head.

Let's zoom in, shall we?
Nice detail with all the little exclamation lines surrounding the one getting smashed, and at least the hitter is frowning.  That's a good thing, right??

5 comments:

Katie said...

I would warn you to not get sick! :)

StrawberryBlond said...

LOL!!! Maybe ... it's a magic wand that heals people? :)

Brian Tureman said...

Ha ha! Thanks for the laugh! What a funny girl!

Valeni said...

Did Abigail explain what was going on? Looks like she might give some enlightenment about what is happening, and everyone might have a teaching moment. Thanks for sharing. Love and miss you guys....

the Villamor's said...

at least the person was lying down when they got smashed...i would love to hear the dialogue when she explained this! maybe it was to just make you laugh!