Friday, October 28, 2011

If at first you don't succeed, remove all evidence that you ever tried!

I love it when I see a cute and easy idea in a magazine and have all the things to make it.  I saw these adorable rice krispy treat turkeys, and when Abigail had a playdate, it seemed like the perfect opportunity to try it out!

 Plus, it allowed the girls to get messy and stay out of trouble.  Recipe for success!

 Only.... it wasn't so successful.  Actually, it was pretty much a complete mess from beginning to end with disaster in between.
 This was the best one by FAR- looks just like an adorable turkey, doesn't it??  I was thinking this would be a practice run and I would make them for Thanksgiving- good thing I tried them first!!
 Most looked more like this- they fell apart every time we tried to touch them, the candy corns wouldn't stick, the sticks fell out, the balls fell apart, the chocolate was a mess....

This is what we call Craft Fail!
But the picture was so gosh darn cute!  And easy!  Or not!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Well, at least the evidence was edible! I'll bet it still tasted yummy! :)

This is usually how my crafty things turn out.