Sunday, October 23, 2011

It was just a matter of time...

I'm not actually surprised...

The way my kids play, it was really just a matter of time before a bone was broken!

We were enjoying the absolutely beautiful fall weather at a city fall festival.  Jack was enjoying the bouncy houses just a little *too* much!  He and Aidan were racing down a slide, and he got to the bottom first... Aidan landed on top of him, and *snap* through and through forearm breakage.

 He doesn't seem to be bothered by it.  I think it worries/upsets me way more than it does him!
 This one cracks me up because he is posing a "hurt" look- he is pretty believable!  He now has a cast from fingers to shoulder, and he will be in it for about 6 weeks, then transition to a short cast or a splint.  It will be a long, long process. 

At least now he can show his Auburn pride all over his arm!

And the hardest part by FAR?  Making this boy take it easy!  He wants to run, play, jump, chase, wrestle, etc. etc. with his cast!  I gave him a good talking to the other day, and he said "but Mom!  I'm a wild kid!"  Yes he is, and if we make it 6 weeks without another break, I should get an award.   I may have to take my mom's advice... cast his leg to keep him still! 


4 comments:

Melinda said...

I love Mom's advice--plus, if you cast his leg and keep the cast shoe then it is too slippery to walk on--that will either help slow him down or help him break something else.!

BTW--I noticed he didn't get the glitter option Caroline recommended!

Melinda said...

hey !;)

colleensewnsew said...

Actually, it was Grandma J's advice, and I thought it was great!

ali said...

aww, poor kiddo!