Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Racing AND Crashing- what could be better?

A sweet package arrived on my doorstep:  Jada Toys Battle Machines Combat Crash!  Racing, crashing, remote control battle action... sounds like something right up our alley!

I wanted Jack and Aidan to have this for Christmas, but I just had to open it up and try it out!  By the way, opening it ahead of time turned out to be a brilliant idea.  I put batteries in, put all the stickers in the right place and figured out how to snap it all together in the quiet of a kid-less home.  The other option is what we usually do- have the kids open it up, then find scissors and screwdrivers to take it out of the box, then find batteries and try to read instructions all while very excited children are jumping and grabbing and begging to please go faster.  The stickers always get lost and/or put on by small fingers.

After working with this one, I am going to open every box before Christmas, pre-load with batteries, and make sure I know how to work it.

This Battle Machines Combat Crash was sure a fun one to start with.  It comes with 2 cars, a simple track, and two remote "guns"....  and really, to my 6 year old little weapon-obsessed boys, the only possible way to make remote control even better would be to make it in the shape of a gun!  Ha!
You point the gun at the car, squeeze the trigger, and steer with the little wheel.  It even has a "turbo speed" option under a finger guard- reminded me of the NOS option on Fast and Furious!  I won't tell you how long I played with it myself without them anywhere around.  Nope, won't even go there.
My only annoyance:  2 different kind of batteries.  The cars took AAA and the remotes took AA.  I did have to make a store run before I could try them out.  If only they could have found a place for a 9v, it would have made it perfect! 
The best feature?  When the cars crash (which they are supposed to do), they pop apart!  Little doors and hoods go flying!  I can just hear the squeals of delight when they figure that part out!  And even better?  They snap back on so easily that they will be able to do it themselves, and I won't have to stop every 2 seconds and put it back together!
The track took a little "oomph" to get it to go together, but I was actually happy about that, because it didn't come apart when those little cars went whipping around crashing into everything!  My only question is how long they will stick to the track before they take them into the streets (aka my entire downstairs)!

Have you started your Christmas shopping yet?  Any new items to share?  I would love to hear your plans!

I was given a Battle Machines Combat Crash to review.  All opinions are my own.

No comments: