Monday, January 30, 2012

Abigail's Baptism

My girl Abigail got baptised over the weekend!  I am so proud of her.  Watching her face as she listened to all the talks and absorbed the messages was wonderful.  I know without a doubt this day was meaningful to her and she will remember the events of the day!

I took her out for a little photo shoot in the morning before all the craziness happened!





 She is getting so big!  I love to see her grow and mature!  We had a gigantic celebratory lunch with all of the family and a few friends.  We did a pasta bar- choose your noodles, choose your sauce, choose your meat.  Add in a salad and some garlic bread, and wah-lah!  It was really good, and not too much work on my part!

The kids each got a plate, (notice I didn't say they ate, I just said they got a plate), and then very quickly were outside jumping.  For some reason I just loved this picture of them in all their church-worthy finery and jumping!
 Here is Abigail with two of her best friends.  One  lives right across the street, the other was in our neighborhood but now has moved a few miles away.  These girls are so great together!
 And, of course, the picture with the parents.  I hate that I didn't get one with Jack and Aidan, but they were being tortured enough to be IN CHURCH on a Saturday and wearing BUMPY PANTS.  I didn't want them to call DFCS with the news that I had also made them get in a picture. 
 I love that baptisms are a special time with Daddy!
 Thank goodness for Kydon snapping a few pictures at the end- I was exhausted and completely forgot to get pictures of all the family, pictures of her brothers, and other combinations.  I was SO happy when I downloaded the pics and there are several of various people, and this wonderful one of all the grandparents!  Whew!


2 comments:

ali said...

wow-- that's an amazing time, I can't believe our kiddos are this old ;)

Jen said...

What a great day! I'm glad everything turned out how you wanted it to. She looks like she loved her special day.