Tuesday, November 20, 2012

She's Here!

In just a little under 8 hours, I went from this:
 
(Sorry for the graphic image, but it is just too unbelievable not to share)

 To this:
 Our littlest pumpkin was born!  And she is perfect in every way!  Clara Colleen was 9 lbs, 14 oz, and 21.25 inches long.
 I was very anxious about the delivery, and it went better than I expected.  I went to the hospital at 6:30 to be induced, the doctor broke my water around 8:30.  I got the epidural not long after... but it didn't work right away.  One hour of painful contractions was enough to make me really appreciate the doctor coming back and giving me another bolus, which kicked in very quickly and I was pain free after that.  Despite some worrisome happenings (meconium in the water, cord around the neck, trying to vacuum her out), everything went very quickly and she was born just a little after two! 

We have 3 cute kids who are over the moon with their little sister.  Abby is our little mama, and the primary fashion coordinator, making sure that Clara is held, burped, talked to, loved, and dressed super cute every day.  Jack loves to hold her and whisper lullabies in her ear.  Aidan was the first to change a diaper (voluntarily, I might add), and he told me yesterday "Mom, you just can't say no to a newborn baby"!

She has fat rolls everywhere, cute chubby cheeks, and a very calm and sweet nature.  She sleeps all day and wakes up around 2am, just to keep us humble!  Having a new baby is pretty magical, and we couldn't be happier with our new little addition!

5 comments:

StrawberryBlond said...

She is so cute and I am so happy for you guys! She's lucky to come into such a great family.

Kelly said...

You were HUGE! Wow. Girl power! Or too much ice cream. Congratulations. She is beautiful. I am so glad it went well.

Kelly said...

You were HUGE! Wow. Girl power! Or too much ice cream. Congratulations. She is beautiful. I am so glad it went well.

Katie said...

She is so adorable! I'm so glad your kids are so excited to have her. Congratulations, I am so happy for you all.

Rebecca said...

She is precious!!! Congrats!!!